Friday, September 23, 2011

Horse Riding

This blog is for my adventures in my horse riding. When my sister was gone a few years ago in South Africa for almost 7 weeks, my parents  signed me up for horse riding. I was a little nervous at first, but this was not my first time riding a horse. I rode a horse for a day some years before at a church camp. My teacher, Samantha Johnson, is a very nice teacher. So anyway I went to this first lesson very nervous. As soon as I met the teacher I knew I had nothing to worry about. In this blog I will tell you about my time every week. I have recently in the (last 2 months) begun again to ride and to be taught by my teacher again. To begin with this past weeks lesson. This week when I got to my lesson I brushed the horse that I was going to be using, and I also put on his tack. It is to me a great achievement that I am able to do all of this all by myself. I then lunged the horse around the arena. When I got on the horse I began slow. Then as I got used to being on again I began to trot, then lope and finally gallop. That was the first time I galloped on purpose. I believe that galloping is far better than loping. I used to think that loping was nice and smooth, but going at a gallop is far better. I can hardly wait for the next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment